Sunday, November 06, 2005

Blog hits

This morning, just before leaving for church I quickly read through Foxnews, saw an interesting little article on the archaeological finding in Israel of an early church, interestingly enough near what is thought to be Armageddon. I was kind of excited about this - it sounded interesting, like something other Christians might be interested in, so I put a link in here to the article, from Foxnews.

Of particular note, this site is below what is now a prison. Imagine that - one of the earliest churches under a prison. I just thought it was so ironic, especially now that I'm doing the Beth Moore Breaking Free study. It just started to churn some ideas in my head, imagining these prisoners (free labor) painstakingly digging at the archaeological dig and finding Christ. There are apparently fish symbols and a mosaic and references to Christ. Wow! I can't wait to see some pictures. I have always been fascinated with archaeology and would love to participate in a dig some day. Still, how ironic that these prisoners were the ones who got to uncover this. I'm kind of surprised they even noted that in the article.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I returned from church to find that my sitemeter was going nuts. After an alltime low yesterday I was way up in visits this morning, all coming to me from CNN, of all places!!! I thought CNN and Foxnews were rivals! Funny how the web connects everyone, even foes!! I never intended any traffic from that link. Kind of funny!

No comments: