Friday, November 11, 2005

Leaf Day!

Tomorrow is the big day!! In more than one way!! It's our annual leaf raking event. Sounds to me like 40+ kids coming to our house for lunch, which is why I have had little time to blog today. I've been baking, cleaning, doing regular chores, like laundry, organizing, taking care of my kids, answering all the phone calls that always come the day before an event, running last minute errands (not saying who made me or why they waited so long.... but I always love shopping, so no harm!) and just stressing, in general!

It's been a long and crazy week. Aside from this weekend, we have other dark clouds hanging over our heads. They are the kind that typically appear when Satan gets wind that we are up to "no good" - at least in his feeble mind. All the more reason to be in prayer... thanks for the reminder, Satan!

I think when we are committed to doing a good work, we open ourselves up to all kinds of craziness in our lives. Some readers may know what I mean. T and I have witnessed this in our own lives and we are doing somewhat small things. I wonder what might happen to us should we actually leap out in major faith and cometh to something larger?? Every summer, when T heads off on another trip with students, we always give each other that look like, "Well, here we go!" We've had natural disasters creep around our house, sick children, sick parents, car troubles, you name it, when he goes things happen. It might be Murphy's Law, but I think there's likely more to it. I'm sure Satan would be quite happy if we threw in the towel, but it actually makes us feel like we're doing something important. It's crazy, but the worse the repercussion, the more effective we are likely being. When I hear of the trials and tribulations believers go through when they are acting upon a conviction, I am amazed at what God entrusts to them.

We've got a situation brewing here at home, and it's one of those things that just make you sit back and wonder, "What could God be doing here?" I have to admit, it's taken some of our focus off this weekend, but it has also made us thankful for the weekend so we're not consumed by this dark cloud. It will pass, life will go on but tomorrow will only happen once and we want it to click for these students.

I picked up some "star lights" today for T to use as a token. It's not what he wanted - he wanted pumpkin lights, but I had to break the news that we are wayyyyy past Halloween around here. He's going to have to start thinking Christmas, I mean, that started even before Halloween this year. I think it will work anyway. T will have to make it work, he will have to use it, go with the flow.... It's going to be good. I'm very excited for him and the students. And after yesterdays wind, there are leaves in abundance, so no worries there!

God - open up some hearts tomorrow, in fellowship with each other, experiencing the beauty of your earth. May your face shine through so that those who are ministered to will recognize your fingerprints on the hearts of those who will serve. May Your grace be upon these servants, may your peace be upon their leaders. Glory be to the One and Only true God - Whose love knows no bounds. Amen.

No comments: