Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pride and Prejudice

I went last night with my mom and sister-in-law to see this movie. We all loved it! Hopeless romantics that we are. The theater was packed with lots of older people who talked through the entire movie!! That was annoying. It was sort of like they were watching this movie at home on video or something. Before the movie began, the theater manager came in and made some announcements - I've never seen that before! He was rambling on about not using cell phone, cleaning up your garbage, watching out for the black ice when we all left, etc. Too bad he didn't mention to be courteous and quiet! When he was done, a woman raised her hand and asked if they could adjust the volume to the correct level. My sister-in-law and I could hardly keep from laughing out loud. We're not sure how the manager managed to keep a straight face! We just looked at each other and said, "When was the last time you went to a movie???"

The movie was really good, despite all the old people rambling through each and every scene. It's a beautifully made movie with few slow spots. Of course, I've always loved the book so I had little doubt I would love the movie. It's just a little annoying to have the people behind you, at the end when Mr. Darcy appears in the fog in the distance, saying, "Is that him? Oh, I think it's him! Maybe it's not him? Who would it be???? Oh, yup, I knew it, it's him!" By that time my sister and I were just cracking up! It sort of ruined the whole movie.

I will buy this one. I don't like buying movies because I usually only like movies one time. I'm not a big cult movie fan, but this is one I'd love to see again. It would be perfect for those nights when T has to work marathon hours at work and I'm stuck at home with the girls. Someday I'll make them watch it, too, but not before they read the book!

No comments: