Friday, November 18, 2005

Gordonexus

Yesterday, when I was religiously checking my sitemeter (haha), I saw someone had found me while doing a Technorati search on "gordon college." Upon checking through some of the site this person came across, I found a Gordon alumni trying to compile web and blog pages of other Gordon alumni, so I jumped right on that bandwagon. Now Jeremy, look what you've started! If you are a Gordon alumni, and this is Gordon College in Wenham, MA, you can check out this list here, click on the Gordonexus link in the sidebar. Who knows - maybe someone I know will pop up on there sometime!! Although, I did take note that I'm the second oldest alumni listed on there... but now I'm just dating myself!

In my little Gordon perusing, I also came across a neat story while visiting the Gordon website. There was a news release about some Gordon Alumni being honored at a dinner. It's about a retired missionary (T and I are a little partial to these folks!) who is blind. He was unfortunately discouraged while training from going into the field but ended up serving in Peru for over 30 years, only to be recognized for his service by the very professor who had years earlier tried to discourage him. Very interesting story - worth the short read!! I hope he writes a book someday (or maybe he already has!).

Well, enough about Gordon. I still can't get any of these Maryland students to head up that direction. Even with that new Gordon in Boston program - which sounds totally awesome! Not to mention the new facilities! What a great (over-priced) school!!! Honestly, though, I applied to another Christian school that offered me a pittance of help where Gordon bent over backwards to help me financially. The location is phenomenal, the faculty is outstanding, student ministry and leadership development is excellent... can I say more? or would that just be overkill?? Really, I loved my four years at Gordon and would love to lead more students in that direction, but have had little luck around here. Oh well!

No comments: