Monday, November 28, 2005

My Math Genius

My daughter, Kt, is in an accelerated math class and sometimes I wonder why! Now, in the days when math is SO much more than computation, she brings home homework that really makes me Laugh-Out-Loud, especially when I see her answers!

Today's homework (of course, effort was due the unseasonably warm weather that was calling):

1 Half-gallon of cider $2.50

1 Gallon of cider $4.00

Last question on the paper: Which would be better to buy, 2 half gallons of cider or 1 gallon? Why?


Kt's Answer:

One gallon, because it's easier to carry!

As I chuckled, I thought, "Well, she did answer the question!" Time for some better math questions if that's how we're doing math these days!!

2 comments:

Jeremy Del Rio said...

Leave it to the kiddies to perceive what really matters!

deanna said...

You are so right! Masters of the obvious, they are!