Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Persecution in China

Would you take a group of students here? What are the risks involved to them? to the brothers and sisters we would be "serving" there? This is a question T and I have wrestled with. After reading this article about the sentencing of this pastor, his wife and brother-in-law, it makes me ask these questions again. It also reminds me of the risk Christians in other parts of the world take every day in the name of Christ. We sit here at home and debate about evolution and intelligent design and whether either or both should be taught in schools (of course, I have an opinion about this, too!), but we forget that in the rest of the world people are risking their lives and their freedom to share a message. I hope that Bush will consider this development in his travel plans to China. I know I'll be watching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing that article, Deanna!

deanna said...

sure - I doubt it will get much recognition - but I could be wrong! At least I hope I'm wrong! Thanks for reading :)