Saturday, November 05, 2005

Trinity Church in Katrina Zone

I received another email today from the pastor at Trinity Church in Covington, Louisiana. Here's a short excerpt from his letter:

Personally, I wouldn'’t wish this catastrophe on anyone, but likewise, I wouldn't trade what God has been teaching me for anything. I am getting to walk with Jesus and experience His supernatural presence, power, and provision. Despite being weary, I have a joy beyond what I have ever known. Just as Moses could only handle life so long before he had to go up to the mountain, so I am discovering the refreshment of meeting with God. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (-Mike Sprague)

It is so encouraging reading his letters. They are all posted on the church website. They are desperately in need of prayer and I would really encourage you, if you feel led, to take a minute to visit their church webpage and find something in his long list of things to pray for to bring before the Lord.

I would love to have the chance to go help out down there. The opportunity has not presented itself yet, but I hope to go sometime. Just to experience church for real!

No comments: