Sunday, November 13, 2005

Raking Leaves and Dark Clouds Away

The weekend is over, we still have lots of leaves in our yard... I guess I'll be doing a little work tomorrow! Em and Kt loved joining the teenagers on the last leg of their leaf raking journey. Em loved being buried by leaves (apparently) and Kt enjoyed talking to the bus driver - she's our 7 going on 70 daughter! T, while exhausted, had a great time. Our house has pretty much recovered, other than the fact that WE still have leaves... and that dark cloud...

Hopefully both will be taken care of this week, and I think (hope) it will be a relief for us. T invited me to this meeting today where we recapped some of the plans for this coming school year. In all our planning is the "we don't really know what's going to happen" kind of attitude. Sometimes, it feels like EVERYTHING is up in the air, so we just have this lackadaisical outlook. In many ways, I can see that God has just planned for it to be this way for us. We have had unexpected events, unexpected reactions, unexpected complications, unexpected blessings all rolled up into something we call our lives. It's challenging and fun at the same time, stressful and exciting, frustrating and relaxing. There's really no way to explain how we feel on any given day! I do find myself praying more - very fervently. While I don't like feeling uncomfortable, it's God's way of drawing us closer to Him - I know that, but it still doesn't make me any more comfortable! just a little more secure in this turbulence.

I have not decided yet what I'm going to do tomorrow. I should go to Curves, go grocery shopping, rake leaves and get some chores done. I want to skip Curves, make a short trip to the grocer's, go shopping and blog all day. It's a tough call! Be responsible and resourceful or be selfish and self-indulgent. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Pray for T tomorrow - big day tomorrow at work. We planned a date tomorrow night so we can debrief ourselves on life!! It's a much needed night out and we can't wait! Has anyone seen Derailed??? I don't know... maybe that's not such a good idea given our dark cloud...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D- it was great to catch up last night! I am not sure what's going on in your lives but I am definitly praying for your family! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!

Love and prayers!

deanna said...

Hey colleen, it was great to see you, too! I'm going to attempt a pecan pie for you. When you do need it by??? I love what you do with the homeless folks in Baltimore and the heart that you have for them. Let us know what else you might need!!
d