Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sickness and Snow

These are the two things I have feared since we started talking about going to Florida this winter. Two years ago we flew to Florida in January. The night before we left, I had the worst stomach flu I have ever had. The airline refused to change my flight, which I decided to try to go on at the last minute. Of course, the fact that it was snowing outside at the time (I wasn't even sure we'd make it to the airport!), might have persuaded them to cancel the entire flight. Instead, it was delayed, deiced and up in the air, with one very sick person aboard!!

I have dreaded these two things for this trip. All week I have been watching the weather and we are expecting a major snowstorm tonight. I'm thankful it's not next Tuesday, although there's still plenty of time! Last night, Emily began throwing up. Now if we can just get that overwith before our trip, we might stand a chance of a snowless, sickless vacation!!

No comments: