Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Birthday Verdict

We've reached a decision on the Macbook vs. iMac case: we are returning the Macbook and waiting... until we know exactly what we are doing with our family room, our computer that is on it's last legs and my desk situation. Today, the box with the Macbook in it served as an excellent laptop desk! I'll be sorry to see it go!

For the rest of my birthday, after I did the grocery shopping and made my birthday cake (Duncan Hines Chocolate Fudge cake with whipped white icing!), the girls were very excited to give me their presents. From them, I got a musical card, which was by far their most favorite gift. They listened and danced to it all night - some country song. I guess my musical preferences are not at all clear to them! They also made me a Build-a-Bear bear, dressed her in a sparkle T-shirt, denim miniskirt and pink Skechers. They spent a long time showing me her patches, the stickers that she came with and her birth certificate - her name is Ella. They also ate two of the four Godiva chocolates Em gave me - they thought nothing of sharing - so sweet!

Then T gave me a gift certificate to a day spa. I've never gone to one of these before, so this should be a treat. I had planned to tag along with my neighbor to another spa, but this gift certificate is to a different spa right up the street so I guess I'm on my own. Who could I drag along with me? Anyone? I don't like doing this kind of stuff by myself, I'm way too introverted! Should be interesting!

T is downstairs setting up our new stereo receiver, speakers and getting ready for the movie we are going to "rent" on demand. Who needs a new laptop when you have all these other over-stimulating options? Certainly not me!

Tomorrow, back to real life, doctor appointments, work, church stuff.... On a bright note, temps nearing 50. Spring, please come early. This cold, dark, dampness is really dragging me down. I need a little spring in my step!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Happy Belated B. Day, Deanna! I'm just catching up w/ your blog. Your Disney photos are too cute...glad you had a nice time.

Got to give my opinion on the laptop vs. desktop thing... I've had both, and prefer a laptop, no contest. It' is more convenient spacewise (you do not need a desk, and would soon realize you enjoy working from a soft couch anyhow!), it's portable--take it on trips, and just more fun.

I am in the market for a new PC myself...waiting for a sale. I'll definitely be getting a laptop. We looked a the Mac, but I didn't like the layout...keyboard was very spread out, and not comfortable for me. I also was not thrilled about having to learn new software (IBM vs. Mac), but that's just me being lazy.

Anyhow, good luck w/ your search!