Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HCPS: Get With the Program

Despite the falling snow, slippery back roads and ice in the forecast, Howard County has chosen to ignore the Winter Weather Warning for the area. All surrounding counties are either closed or getting out early as ice is due to arrive after noon. I knew something was amiss when my husband was sent home early from work, as soon as he arrived, but I was putting my children on a school bus bound for a full day of school. I am hoping someone gets the message at the board of education because the thought of my children coming home in the middle of a ice storm frightens me!!

FINALLY! Whilst every other school system is releasing 2-3 hours early and announced that hours ago OR they aren't even in school, HC finally announced their 1.5 hour early release, just now at 11am. I don't think we've ever had less than a 3 hour early release. They better hope there are no bus accidents, or parents are going to be mighty upset!!

No comments: