Monday, February 26, 2007

Changes

Well, since T let the cat out of the bag, I can finally let loose. It's been nearly 2 years since his first interview for his new job. We have tried to be patient, have lost our patience, have renewed our patience and finally had some of our leftover patience pay off. While T is quite excited about his new job, I'm completely anxious about it - you could pray with me.

Having this new job means huge changes for me, namely having a less flexible schedule. I have always been able to count on him working from home if I had a doctor's appointment or being able to get off early if I needed help getting the girls to appointments. I also count on him to be home on Fridays, the day I work, in case the girls are sick, which has happened frequently, or we all have a late open, which has also happened. I can no longer count on that.

My other major concern is medical insurance. Since I have "pre-existing" conditions, I have no idea what the change to new insurance will mean for me. I already know that we can choose an insurance plan that my doctor is listed under, but I have no idea what else to expect. Seeing as one of my pre-existing conditions is high blood pressure, this is not helping one iota. I am trusting God will work out the details, but I have been unable to control the acute anxiety I've had over this issue.

Finally, given the nature of his job, I'm guessing I'll have less communication with him during the day than I do now. I can pretty much call or IM T all day long. In fact, I could be the most annoying wife on this planet if I choose to, but I think we are pretty responsible with our time. What will I do when I can't complain to him about cleaning up after his dogs? (LOL - just an example of how happy he might be about this change!)

The things I'm looking forward to are the hopefully lack of middle of the night calls, all nighters he has to pull that always make him sick, his complaining about.... well, I won't go there, but I think he'll be happier in this next work environment. He will be working closer to home and there is even the chance that I can join a pool somewhere for a discounted rate - that would be worth the move in and of itself!

It's been difficult not sharing some of our more stressful times over this job situation, but it's nice that we can now openly share some of what the past two years have held for us. Once the new job starts, we'll go back in the hole about professional life - it's just better that way! If you want, you can go congratulate him on finally moving on!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Changing employers is so difficult when you've worked at the same place for years. In addition to the new responsibilities for T, you have all that other stuff you mentioned that affects the fam. It'll work out, try not to worry. Our insurance changed recently, too, and I'm still figuring out what's what. But, what eases my anxiety is knowing that I do have insurance...whether it's top notch or not, at least there's coverage on the basics and emergencies. By the way, look up your HIPAA rights--don't let the new co. pull any wool over your eyes: http://info.insure.com/health/hipaa.htm.