Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Delicious Dessert

I am not really one to share recipes, mostly because I hardly ever use them! I'm not a big cook because I can't stand all the work and the clean-up. Plus, how many ways can you cook chicken without cheese? That's all my family eats and it's a little redundant!

While in California, my aunt served Angel Food Cake with ice cream. It was delicious!! She also told me that she often buys an angel food cake, cuts it into layers and puts softened mint chocolate chip ice cream in the layers, then frosts the cake with cool whip. Sounded easy, so I gave it a try last night.

I stopped by the grocery store, bought the three ingredients for $10, brought them home and got to work. I also had to clean out my freezer to make room! I must say, this was the easiest and most delicious dessert I've had in a long time!! Everyone loved it. I think it's the perfect dessert to make when you are also planning to serve a large dinner as so little work is needed. Our dessert guests had two pieces!

No comments: