Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another Update

Here's a post from my cousin, Alisa. Please pray for peace about the surgery based on what this second doctor says, or maybe even a better alternative. Also, for continued strength and the week ahead, as I'm sure it will be emotionally and physically draining!

I called my Mom last night to see how my Dad was doing. We talked for a bit and then my Dad got on the phone. He sounded great but was getting tired. I told my Dad that we have people all over the country sending their tremendous love and prayers and positive energy. My Dad said that he felt everyone's energy and he wanted me to please thank all of these amazing "prayer warriors".

Thank you Prayer Warriors!!

THANK YOU everyone for your amazing love and support during these challenging times. I am feeling all of your positive energy as well and it feels AWESOME! Thank You!!! We are all wishing for the BEST possible outcome and quality of life for my Dad. Please keep sending your positive energy and prayers. We are loving it!!

My Mom sounded exhausted but so strong!! She took my Dad to his primary care physician yesterday which was a great visit because my Dad got a referral to a neurosurgeon at UCLA Med Center. Her name is Dr. Linda Liau and she already called my Mom back and she is going to review my Dad's file and meet with them next week before my Dad's surgery on Feb 7th. I read a bit about Linda on the internet and it appears that she has done some "cutting edge" surgery so I feel great that we are getting a solid second opinion. Great news! We are all very happy about that!

At this time, a physical therapist is coming to the house to do some exercises with my Dad. My Mom will continue to work with my Dad on these exercises. Also, my Dad is taking some medications to reduce the swelling and prevent seizures. My Aunt Denise has been an amazing angel. She lost her husband 2 years ago and she works part-time so she has really been able to help my Mom a lot. Thank you Denise for your amazing support!

My Dad doesn't know that the first doctor gave him a finite time left on earth and we are still sending our positive energy for the best possible outcome. My Dad is strong and has tremendous will to live. Thanks again for all of your love and prayers!!

No comments: