Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Vacation at Shengfork

So today is T's first day of "vacation," or the usage of his personal days that he can't cash out. We had dreamed of a little getaway, until we saw the prices. Just not going to happen the same month you go to Disney World! Instead, we have a short getaway planned for a night and the girls are supposed to go to T's parent's house. Today we were going to maybe go out for breakfast, I had a few things to get done, T has a blog assignment so he is watching a couple Willow Creek speakers today, then I have to tutor.... a nice day planned. Then morning came...

Em has the stomach flu AGAIN! About the only good thing I can say about this is that she waited until morning, so no middle of the night illness. Otherwise, it's totally thrown a wrench into the plans. Not to mention, poor girl, today she has Daisies, and yes, I'm the leader and we were planning her investiture for today. What a total mess. Now we will miss that. Will it ever end?

Illness is just not something I deal with very well. I'm thankful we didn't decide to fly somewhere tomorrow like we had originally talked about. T's dad is still finishing up his chemo, so there is just no way I'm taking a sick child over there. Even if she is fine and we do drop them off Friday night, what's to say Kt won't get it?! Oh, so many things to think about.

Well, I'm off to get a few things done today. Sometimes I feel like life is just an endless amount of unfinished work - laundry, dishes, cooking, running errands, cleaning, taking care of sick children... It makes me tired just thinking about it! The scary thing is that we just used up our vacation, so it's just work from here on out! YIKES!

No comments: