Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One More Dad Story

I'm including this one at my mom's request. It's worth noting that my mom, by her choice, survived her first school vacation week without my dad at home alone last week. For her Christmas, Winter and Spring Breaks, we have always made it a point to send my mom somewhere, as she and my dad, both teachers, would always scoot off on some vacation adventure. We were actually around for her first weekend of vacation for my sister-in-law's surprise birthday party (I still am waiting for pictures from my brother so I can post about that!) and we tried to get her to come home with us. She chose to stay home, and she survived. She's a brave, strong and courageous woman - really!

Anyway, my dad, who had not one romantic bone in his body (and sometimes I think I married his twin!). One evening my parents were playing the game Scattergories with some friends. Scattergories is the game where you have to list words that start with a certain letter of the alphabet in different categories. That evening, the letter was "G" and my dad had write down something romantic you would say to your significant other. My poor mom, because we all still laugh hysterically when we recall how confidently my father announced that he would romantically call my mother by the word, "Golly"! I mean, by golly, he just didn't get it!! Just another Rudyism!

No comments: