Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Unnerving!

I received an eschoolnewsletter alert today about an incident that happened near my children's elementary school. Apparently, after watching the video, it's closer to the girl's school than I had originally thought, seeing as the victim went to their school for help!! About two weeks ago, a similar occurrence involving a parent from our school happened in the same area. I had sort of shrugged it off because it sounded strange, but now I'm a little nervous now. The truth is I've never been happier that the school playground is flanked by construction trailers, a chain link fence that is typically not there and a bunch of burly construction workers! This is also a wonderful reminder to continually pray for the safety of our children.

Unfortunately, we will have to rethink our afterschool outdoor activities with Girl Scouts. Just last week we walked the girls around the back of the building in the woods to collect trash. This week that is not sound so safe anymore. Predators around our children just gives me the chills - may he stay away from our neighborhood!

No comments: