Friday, March 16, 2007

I Survived!

We lucked out today with rain, at least until now! No late opens or early dismissal, but the girls made it home in the nick of time. Our driveway is covered with a thick layer of sleet. The streets are still just wet, but there is so much sleet on the ground it looks like snow. I'm just thankful I didn't have a nightmare of a day to worry about.

Tonight is not going to happy just as planned. We are all skipping the Family Fun Night at school. Em has her first sleepover tonight at a friend/neighbor's house and Kt is having a friend spend the night here. We'll have to get up a bit early tomorrow, but other than that a quiet weekend is in store. How nice!

I'm exhausted, and I asked T to bring home Don Pablo's, but now I'm weighing the necessity of that given that we've gone from all rain to all sleet. Not so wise, I think. I'll see what he thinks. I'm sure everyone where he works (where they keep all televisions on Foxnews) will leave early today. Except him! Thankfully he works really closeby, so his commute will be a matter of minutes instead of a grueling half and hour on this sleeting day!

No comments: