Tuesday, March 20, 2007

ADD Spontaneity

I had a moment yesterday. It was a bad, embarrassing one! Ever since finding out that passports may take longer than we had originally anticipated, I've been on a mission to get them done. This included, of course, the pictures!

I figured out over the weekend that I could get them done at AAA. The difficulty would be finding the time to have them taken. We usually have busy afterschool things. Yesterday, I mentioned to T that I thought it might be a good idea to run over after school with the girls to have this done, and he agreed. I called AAA and they were open until 6, so I took the girls right after school. We ran in, waited in line for 15 minutes while the cashier talked on the phone, then had our pictures done, waited for them and left.

I was so proud of myself! Of course, my picture looked lousy because I really hadn't planned on running out. It was a total whim, completely spontaneous moment. As we were getting in the car to go home, one of the girls asked me why we had to do that today. I replied, as I was getting in the car, that it was really the only day that worked. Tuesday is typically our free day, but somehow I'd been manipulated into allowing my girls to stay after school for a movie, so I needed to take them another day. I then started to list out for the girls why every other day we had something after school.......

Yup, including Mondays. It all of a sudden occurred to me that we'd missed something. I had that sinking feeling in the very depths of the pit of my stomach. We'd totally forgotten Kt's piano lesson!! Her teacher comes to our house at 4:30. I'd even made Kt practice Sunday evening while I listened and we'd talked about her lesson. Somehow, between me, Kt and T, none of us had even remembered we were skipping it!! How could I be so stupid? And there it was, exactly 5PM on the nose. We'd totally missed the entire thing.

Well, at least we have our passport photos!

No comments: