Wednesday, March 14, 2007

One Word

I got this funny email today from my mom's best friend. I was just thinking about her the other day because I don't really have a best friend. That has bugged me since the time I moved here. It's basically the one time/place in my life that I just can't seem to find the right best friend and it's honestly made me dislike this area even more! Anyway....

The email said, "Describe me in one word and reply. Then forward this email to all your friends." I sent back the word "hilarious" to her - because if you knew her, you would know this word for her is an understatement. You basically never stop laughing (and neither does she) when you are with her. Of course, after sending that word I was thinking that maybe I really didn't want to know what words my friends might use to describe me!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I wouldn't say I have a 'best friend' here in Maine, either. I have a variety of friends, each very different from one another--some funny, others spiritual, some laid back, some old enough to be my mother...

I guess my definition of 'best friend' is soul mate...someone who really 'gets' me and vice versa.

I find that different people touch different needs I might have. Some help me not be so serious, others encourage self growth...etc. It's rare to find all that in just one person.

As a side note, I really enjoy being able to connect with you, even though we don't live nearby!