Monday, March 12, 2007

First Day

So, today is T's first day at his new job. He had to leave bright and early - something none of us are used to. That means I had to be up to get the girl off to school. I say "girl" because I insanely allowed my daughter to have not only a sleepover party for her best friend from North Dakota on Saturday night, but also for her friend to spend last night here. Note to self: totally not worth it!! Both of the girls are exhausted and her friend has sleepover issues. We've known about them, but just very tiring.

Long story short, I finally fell asleep around 3 am. Kt walked around from about 6pm until they went to bed on the verge of or in tears because of the 100+ movies we have in our house AND the movies on demand, her friend convinced her that the only movie she was "allowed" to watch was Atlantis - because, of course, we don't own it and it's too old to be on demand. We did not bow down to the request to rent it because there are literally hundreds of choices here! So, they did nothing but moped around and pouted. What a sight!! They are now downstairs watching Nanny McPhee, the movie they were both going to watch Saturday night until outvoted for CheetahGirls 2. I'm telling you, the choices last night were bountiful - don't feel sorry for them!

So, here I am, I have tons to do and Monday is one of my only free days to get things done around here. I misunderstood the plan for today. It being her friend's actual birthday, I thought the parents were taking the girls for the day so they could spend it together. Instead, I was informed on Friday that I would have the girls until around 3:30 today... which is a problem for me as 1) I can't even get them to get dressed, 2) I have to get a few things done whether they like it or not, and 3) I have to tutor today! While I'm not totally understanding all this, I'm sucking it up and letting it happen. It'll be over soon enough AND it will never be happening again!

My mom has brought up the opportunity for us to go to Savannah together for her spring break at the end of April. I really would love to do this, but with T's new job I'm not even sure it's possible. If he were still able to work from home, I'd have bought my tickets already. Now, I just don't see how I can pull it off. Who would put them on the bus? or be here at 4 when they get off?? All these changes and unknowns are just really difficult for me right now. I feel like I'm in some kind of vacuum, not knowing how to plan for anything.

I guess I better go ask the girls for the fourth time to get cleaned up and ready to go out. I'm so tired, I imagine I will not be the best host for a birthday. Of course, if they would just once tell me what they want to do, it might help!! Just call me Julie, cruise director. I'm off to swab the deck!

No comments: