Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Peace

Probably one of things about walking with Christ that I have thoroughly enjoyed is the feeling of peace when it ought not to exist! To have a moment with the Savior in the midst of chaos is such an appreciated gift to me.

Today has been a bit hectic. No one is dying (yet!), I've not pulled my hair out (yet!) nor is there any sweat dripping from my brow (yet!). It's just been a little wacky. T starts his first day at his new job, no email, no phone yet and apparently no computer! Kt has had her seasonal springtime rash/hives on her face since Sunday morning. Today was the worst, and it's now itchy. She also has her testing today, forgot her snack/lunch, so after I half-heartedly charged my dead cellphone, I ran that up to her on the way to being late for my first day at Connections Bible study. I also just got back from having lunch with Em, whose teacher emailed me yesterday asking why she has a stomach ache every single day.... probably because she isn't eating her lunch! I go back to school in about 30 minutes to pick up Kt for a doctor's appointment and will hopefully be home in time to get Em off the bus. Hectic, not life-threatening, just hectic.

I started this study today in Colossians. Because I was late, I wasn't the most talkative in the bunch, but I'm really glad I decided to do this short 6 week study. Everything we talked about today resonated with me in my hectic-ness. I need a little peace! or Shalom in the Home (those ads on TV keep cracking me up!). I'm home, taking a breather, thinking, praying and adding a little peace to my world before I move out again.

No comments: