Monday, March 19, 2007

Excitified!

That's what I am about this summer. We have decided to go to Hungary - unless God points us elsewhere - and take the girls with us. Am I crazy? Sure, but I'm all excited and terrified all at the same time. It has been a long time since I've been out of the country (11 years, to be exact) and I'm itching to get out, but I've never taken my girls that far away. We are all excited about the prospect of going, but the details totally terrify me. I am quickly realizing that this trip will take all of my known independences and change them to dependencies on God. I guess God knows that, and maybe that's why He is sending me! (OK - gotta go take my blood pressure meds! EEK!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! How exciting! We're working to get Abbey's passport too. she got one when she was 6 months old, but it's expired. I think we're going to have to expadite it to make sure we get it by summer. What kind of things will the girls take part in on the trip?

deanna said...

The beauty of this trip is that we will be operating a VBS for missionary children. They will be "retreating" together, we'll be ministering to their children and spending some time with them. I think it's one of easier trip to take kids on. We've been wanting to do this, but each summer things just haven't worked together properly. This time, I think we might pull it off!

Kathryn said...

Hi, D
I think cultural experiences enrich us so much...cool that the girls will be able to go with you.

JaydensJourney said...

I loved Hungary! I hope you have an amazing trip. I think it will be an awesome experience for the girls. The Danube river is absolutely amazing. I really only spent time in Budapest - it's so beautiful. When do you go?

deanna said...

Yes, the cultural experience as well as spending time with so many missionary families at once will be invaluable. Our tentative dates are August 8-18. We will fly in and out of Vienna, Austria, which is an hour from our resort in Hungary. We are all quite excited! Now, we just have to secure those passports!