Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sleepover Recovery


I never made it to church today - not feeling so great. T had to pray in church, so I'm not happy that I missed it. I guess I'll have to listen to it on tape, which is not my favorite activity.

Here's a picture of my sister-in-law with her new car. My mom sent it - yay for her!! We'll call her techi-mom today. I hear they are enjoying it, especially now that they are past the initial 1200 miles and can drive it over 55 miles an hour.

We had a nice visit last night with friends who are visiting from their new home in Bismark, ND. It's been a rough year in many ways for them. They've seen a lot, traveled a lot but are all missing the East Coast, friends and family. It sounds like the schools there, which are ranked 4th in the country!, are much more laid back, family oriented and less pressurized. The trade-off? Frigid cold weather!

It's super nice to see them, especially for Kt, whose best friend is in the family. She's getting a day off school tomorrow and two sleepovers in a row. Last night we had the four best friends here for the night, tonight it's Kt's best friend, whose birthday is tomorrow. I guess I have the girls for the day. What to do? Right now, I'm just hoping I feel better!

So, what would it take for our schools to be more family friendly?? They have every Wednesday evening off - no sports, no after-school activities - because it's Family night. This family takes their children out of school often on Fridays and have been told that the school will work with their schedule. When asked how many missed Fridays would become a problem for the school, the reply was, "I don't know. Maybe 20?" Hello! That is about 5 months of every Friday!! Almost enough to make me move, but not really! LOL I hate cold weather!

No comments: