Thursday, August 02, 2007

Things I Dislike about Disney

Yes, say it isn't so!! For those of you who know me, you know I am semi-obsessed with Disney. Of course, showing up for the Pirate and Princess Party this past February out of costume helped convince my husband that I am far from the Disney freak he always thought I was. The REAL Disney freaks were out in full force!!

While I do love the magic of Disney, there are a few things I don't like. Allow me to share them with you!

1) They don't have a toll free number. For a company that is so customer savvy, friendly, oriented, every time I have to call LONG DISTANCE to talk to a Disney representative AND wait on hold I cannot figure out why I have to pay to do that. Don't we pay enough at Disney?

2) When calling gets too expensive, email doesn't seem a whole lot better. The Disney email system is SO MESSED UP! We took a trip in February and had a small incident that I thought could be resolved through Guest Services. My first attempts yielded a 2 week response time, numerous phone calls but no resolution. Just today, I received another email from someone else in the company..... several months response time..... he sent me an email (NO KIDDING) that had my previous emails attached to it and said he was unable to received or see attachments so he did not know what my issue was. For real????? Is this 2007 folks?

Anyway, I had to, once again, relay the entire issue and hit reply only to realize that it is going not to him, but to guest services again. Just shoot me now, why don't you! I guess the goal for them is to drive an issue into the ground until their customer just throws his hands up in the air and screams, "I surrender!!!!" Then, there's me.;-)

3) When you are in Disney World/Disneyland, most of the Cast Members are clueless about the goings on in Disney. They might be familiar with one aspect of Disney, like the cart they man, but everything else they sort of look at you like you have 10 heads. If you go to Disney, you might want to spend a bit of time researching it before you go because these people are not going to be much of a help once you're there.

4) It's just so darn expensive!

No comments: