Thursday, August 02, 2007

Camp Lovegren

The girls and I returned from Connecticut today. It's always bittersweet, as I feel like I leave a part of me in CT each time. I really love it there, especially being with my family. Now it's back to reality!

The girls apparently had a blast at Camp Love! They ate out, went to the beach, learned how to weed (thanks, mom!), gardened, played lots of Webkinz, worked on those summer packets and visited Gillette's Castle. Em's take on that castle was, "It was really cool, totally made out of stones. On the tour, you may not backtrack.... unless you lose a kid!" I guess there was a missing child that day - LOL!

One special day at camp, Em spent the day with mom at the Beardsley Zoo while Kt went to NYC with Uncle Doug. They took the train down to Grand Central, the subway to Battery Park (where they apparently walked by a bench full of pot smokers - what have I allowed my brother to expose my innocent children to? LOL), walked half way across the deck of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, then took the subway back to Grand Central, saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, FAO Schwartz, the American Girl Doll Store, Toys 'R Us and Times Square. Kt had frozen hot chocolate and loved it, bought herself a New York shirt and was dumbfounded by a $400 stuffed giraffe. Her reaction? "It was amazing! And we have a list of all the things we are going to do NEXT time we go!" Have fun with that, Uncle D!

Once mom and dad arrived, the reality set in that they would be going home. Yes, once again we spoiled alllll the fun! We did have Em's kindergarten teacher and her new husband, who moved up there, over for dinner and they brought their dog. The girls had a wonderful time with him. We hit the beach, the lake and the sprinkler and did LOTS of shopping! Last night, we had filet mignon from Stew Leonards - what a treat! Today, we drove all the way home. We are hoping for many more summers at Camp Lovegren!

I'd love to post some pictures, but they are all 4x6 prints right now. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to scan and save them on here..... someday!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Aw, I miss Stew's! I'll have to go there next time we're in CT. :-)