Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day - Second Try

OK - I took down my first day post because I just don't want to read it again! The girls came home today, very happy. I still have many concerns but I'm going to put them on the back burner for a couple weeks and see how this year begins. I'm an information gatherer by nature, so the beginning of school is very difficult for me because basically I know nothing. All we know is what school supplies are kids need. I don't know when they eat lunch, when they have recess, when their specials are, what reading levels/groups they are in.... and as a mom, I want to know all those things. It's just very stressful for me. I need a beach, and I need it bad!!

Tonight the girls have no homework but instead brought home two folders worth of papers for me to fill out. As if I don't have enough to do! I guess I'll have to give up the computer for the evening, sit in front of the TV (what's even on tonight??) and in between folding laundry fill out Safe to School, PTA volunteer forms and Emergency Info. What fun! I'm actually ready for bed!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hey, we live right near the beach! You guys will have to visit us. We don't have a guest room to accommodate, unfortunately, but there are lots of hotels/b&bs nearby. :-)