Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Still Packing

So, I'm still packing... and need to start cleaning and I have a small list of things that need to get done before we leave. Like I should probably take a shower. And I would have already except that I'm expecting someone to show up here with a duffel bag so I've been waiting....

The girls are still in their PJ's. I did just feed them lunch and straightened out the kitchen a bit. They are veggin' today - TV, computer, games and relaxing. I don't usually let them go this long just hanging around but 1) they won't be doing this for a couple of weeks!, and 2) it's giving me some space to get a few things done! Again, I'd send them outside, but it's about 100 degrees (for real!) and that's making it even harder for me to pack because where we are heading, it's in the 60's/70's and rainy. Hmmm.... bug spray, can't forget that!

I made some tuna for lunch today and when I opened the can, it was the kind of can of tuna you wish you could have seen before you bought it. It wasn't bad or anything, but my solid white tuna was a different shade of white than I'd imagined. I had to pick a few pieces out and the rest we just ate. No one seemed to notice, it all tasted the same but it wasn't what I'd expected from my favorite Bumble Bee Solid White Tuna packed in spring water.

I was sort of thinking that's what missions trips are like. We have the whole package wrapped up right now - plane tickets, hotel reservations, games, crafts, connections, more hotel reservations and plane tickets - and while we can imagine what we'd like it look like or what it might be, we won't know until we open it up. Chances are, it won't be what our dreams look like, but it will still taste good and no one will notice because nobody can read our minds!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Or it will taste better than we could have ever imagined by just looking at 'the package'. That's usually how it goes for me.

I'm so excited you and the girls are coming with us!