Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Bitter, The Sweet and The Chocolate

T: I think this is the one. I think I'm going to lose them.

D: Wasn't that what you set out to do all along? I think that was your intentional goal. I mean, isn't this why we did this?

T: I know, but aren't you sad?

D: Yes, but I'm so excited as well. I think it might have worked.


T and I had this little exchange on our last day in Hungary, speaking about the students, mostly leaders, who have been committed to Space since it's inception. Each of them just being propelled to the next level, which unfortunately for us means they are leaving. Moving to the next level. Going out on their own, for the sake of the Gospel, not just to have a little fun with the Shengs. (LOL)

A couple Hungary team kids came to me and asked if we could go next year to work with one of the CA families, like maybe in Paris or Amsterdam. I just looked at them and said, "As soon as one of you goes to that place, we'll come." I mean, that's the idea, right? We teach them, we train them, we take them, we send them. God moves them. He gives the whole process purpose, and these kids get it.

So, it's bitter. What will we do without them? I'll admit, we've grown a little dependent on them and we'll miss them dearly. They breathe life into us because their giving spirits are just so inspiring and refreshing. They have a deep trust in their Savior and an even deeper desire to share His light. But for us, we know we have to let them do it without us.

It's sweet, because we know our hearts will go with them. We are completely invested in them, we suffer with them, we pray for them, we can say, "I know that amazing person! I served with him/her!" They are the proof that we don't labor in vain.

It's chocolate - I know that's really what is pulling them to Europe. They may think it's the need for laborers in such a lost continent, but I've tasted and I know it's sweet, and bitter. The chocolate is just delectable! So Space cadets, once you've been launched into the world, don't forget to send me some of that yummy European chocolate! ;-)

No comments: