Sunday, August 05, 2007

Car Conversation

I'm taking a short break because this just totally cracked me up today. Kt asked T and I in the car today if it was OK to swear. Here's how it went:

Kt: Is it OK to swear?

T: No, it's not.

Me: No, why? Do your friends swear?

Kt: Yeah, like all the time! (very sarcastically)

Me: (you should probably not ask this, but it just came out) Well, like what do they say? (T and I kind of give each other that look of complete shock)

Kt: Well, like my friend L. She said, "I swear, if that happens I will kill myself!" And guess what? It happened and she did not kill herself.

Me: (I'm starting to laugh and under my breath say to T, "I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.")

T: (Starts laughing as well and replies, "Apparently not!")

Kt: Why are you laughing?

T: Your mother is just laughing at you! (Gee, thanks!)

Me: I'm just laughing because I thought you were talking about something else.

Kt: What?

End of conversation.... and we moved on to T distracting everyone by nearly launching the Montero over a hill while Em squealed with laughter. Good save! Could we be experiencing a small generation gap here?

No comments: