Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Half Time!

We are continuing to have a great time here in Hungary! It's been an altogether amazing time meeting missionaries, their kids, and others who are here to work with these teams. I think we are each taking away some life lessons, food for thought and from what the kids have shared each night it appears a new appreciation for the sacrifices many make to reach the unreached - and the many blessings they receive in return. They see God work in ways that only those who choose to go will experience. It's really sinking in for our team.

Right now, I'm letting my laundry soak. We'd been told before we came that the hotel would be able to do laundry for us, and some of us hoped beyond hope it was true. It's taken us nearly a week to get an answer on this and now it has become apparent that #1. it will cost us, and #2. we don't have any time left to do it! Had they had this available on Sunday when we needed it, it might have made sense. Now, we are leaving in a couple days and are not even sure we'd get our stuff back in time.

Thank goodness EO'b thought enough to bring along some Tide, and even though the girls and I are allergic to it, I used it anyway! I did a full load in my tub at 11:30pm, after our full day of children - morning, afternoon and evening sessions. My back is KILLING me, and I'm swirling the laundry of four people through a wash and rinse cycle, soon I'll be putting it outside to dry.... When I finally get to bed tonight, I'll be waking up to take care of babies again.... I'm just completely exhausted! And the drama around here! Let me tell you, there is no end to it. But it's really just living real life in close quarters.

I have so much more to share, but I really must go check the weather here in Sopron to see if my laundry has any chance of drying! We could wake up to rain, in which case I might as well blow dry everything now. Don't you wish you came along?

I think I'm going to be posting this, but I'm writing on the Hungarian version of blogger, so I can't remember what I'm doing here for real.... I'm "bejegyzes kozzetetele" this post!;-)

No comments: