Friday, August 31, 2007

Tennis

OK, I must fess up to something. When I arrived here last night, my brother was back here (yes, the architect, motorcycle riding, jazz percussionist little bro) playing on his Xbox (not a 360). So, when I heard the cheers from the crowd, I assumed he had connived T into playing tennis with him.

In actuality, he was watching the US Open, which is a big deal around here. When it's in New Haven, my brother's architecture firm gets tickets so he can attend. Last night it was in Flushing and he was watching James Blake, who happens to be from Fairfield (woohoo), is friends with my brother's good friend Sean and who won last night in a really good tennis match. I watched some of the last set with them - it was phenomenal!

I wonder why tennis isn't such a big deal in Maryland? I guess it's just not political enough!

No comments: