Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Grow Up

Some days, despite the fact that I'm 37, I get this overwhelming feeling like it's time to grow up. Today I've been feeling that all day. Maybe it was the visit to the "Beautiful Style - Feel like you're 13" spa this morning, or the anxiety I've been feeling since I returned to the pile of drama here or maybe it's just the beginning of the school year jitters, knowing that once again, I'm "taking the year off" to be a mom. I have no idea, but I'm feeling like maybe I just need to grow up. And I'm not really liking that feeling.

3 comments:

megan said...

hmmm...i think being a good mom is a pretty grown up thing to do. :)

Hermes Family said...

My dear Deanna

Growing up is a continual thing --and from the little bit I've seen and read about you lately -- and our wonderful visit! -- I think you are marvellously grown up and a little kid besides. And that, my dear, is the best combination in the world for anyone -- but especially for a mother. Keep on gorwing, but for heaven's sake, don't ever get 'all grown up.'
Love from your other mother, Pat -- AKA Mrs. H.

deanna said...

Well, that's very sweet, both of you. Sometimes, I just don't feel like a mom while my girls are at school all day... And while I miss them, I think they are learning things at school I could never teach them at home. I promise never to officially be totally grown up!;-)