Monday, August 27, 2007

An Instant

Sometimes, everything can change in an instant, or in an email! I have been thinking about a few plans for early October and they all pretty much came crashing down about 10 minutes ago. My sister's husband is heading to Florida for a week, so I've been planning since June to go down to help her for a few days and my mom was going to try to finish the week with her. I've also considered a trip up to Gordon College for homecoming this year, as it will be my 15th class reunion. I have been trying to get dates for both of these things because I've been assuming they fall around the same time.

Sure enough, my brother-in-law will be gone Oct. 1-5 and homecoming is Oct. 5-6. HOWEVER, my mom just emailed and said my aunt and uncle will be with my sister the week before and possibly staying longer to help her AND that someone at Gordon College is going to be committed. A completely insane idea has transpired at that school to combine two traditionally crazy, crowded and chronically painful weekends into one. Yes folks, Family Weekend and Homecoming will both be held together on Columbus Day weekend. As if it was not difficult enough to fight the droves of peak weekend travelers around 128, or find even a one last pathetic hotel room in New England for even one night, or find a parking space where Public Safety wasn't waiting with ticket in hand on campus..... Now they will double the insanity by accommodating everyone all at once.... If you haven't already guessed, the idea has quickly been nixed from every crevice of my reasonable mind. It's just not happening. At this rate, I will never be visiting my alma matter again!

That being said, I'm free, completely, the first week/weekend in October.

No comments: