Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Do You Know This Woman?

This poor friend of mine was stuck with me for at least 80% of our Hungary trip. I know - you're looking at this picture thinking, "Poor friend? Poor you!" LOL I'm so thankful that she is so full of life, wisdom, love, fun, scintillating sarcasm (much like my own), smarts, common sense (something that was many times absent on our little journey), and just plain goodness. Without her, I would have literally crashed and burned on this trip. For many reasons, but mostly because we kept each other focused on the most adorable kids at the entire conference as opposed to external stresses that I often become obsessed over.

Being my first space trip, it was such a blessing to be taken under the wing of one of our favorite babysitter, space travelers, college leaders and friends. It was difficult coming home and shipping her off to school, and as I browse through various pictures of our trip, every time I come across one of her I either smile hugely, laugh out loud or just roll on the floor laughing. I don't know many people who always bring a smile to my face, but she is definitely one of them.

Thanks, LB, for being so intentional with others, with yourself, with me and for loving every person you met in Hungary with a thirst and desire to know them each intimately. That kind of characteristic is very rare and comes from within, where I know Christ dwells richly in you. And while I'd love to think that you'd be with us on every journey, I saw more than ever in Hungary that you are allowing Christ to guide you wherever He desires, and I know in my heart that it'll be somewhere amazing! My impatient self wants to know now! Oh, and thanks for taking the pajama party off our hands. We owe you big!! Go, poturdie girl!

**Here's one of many things she learned in Europe - if you like that, read her whole blog!**

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That picture scares me a little bit. Remember how that was just a few moments after I discovered my whole water bottle had spilled in my bag? Good times.

Thanks for being so nice! I had a great time with you, too!

deanna said...

Oh, right... when we thought you had peed in your seat? LOL. Yes - it was more fun that I can even write about. Trying to be a little discreet - can you tell??