Thursday, August 30, 2007

Debrief

T and I spent most of the car ride up to Connecticut telling our girls to keep it down so we could hash out all that happened on our little Hungary missions trip. We are very close to being able to put together a trip report to send out to our many supporters and friends - it will be an early Christmas letter!! Hope they don't mind.

We are here in CT, home of Duchess, Circle Diner and the Long Island Sound. Beach, food and fun is what we're here for! LOL Oh, yeah, and my family is here as well! D & T are playing XBox360 tennis, the girls are in bed (hopefully) and I'm getting ready to head there. My head is swirling with our conversations about pretty much everything. It's crazy to think that we just went on a missions trip that energized what we're doing. Usually we come home completely wiped and ready for a break. Now I think we are excited to see how long we can sustain the momentum that this trip started.

I've been reading the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. It's a very good book and I think it has really hit a lot of important issues I am dealing with right now. I'm going to finish it up either this weekend or at work (where I've been reading it - kind of slow!). It has many Beth Moore type themes running through it, so much of the info in it contains ideas I'm already accostumed to. It's just good to hear it all from a different perspective. If you are a woman or you know a woman, you should read this book. If you are a man who has absolutly no contact with women ever then you can skip this one. (LOL)

Labor Day weekend. Just exactly what is Labor Day??

4 comments:

megan said...

Make sure you put in your supporter's letter that you blessed many families in unmeasurable ways. Let them know that your team invested not only their time and resources, but their whole hearts to serve the families of Christian Associates. We are so grateful for all that your supporters have given so that we could be blessed!

deanna said...

Now you're making me cry... and I'll have to quote you! They really are always critical in making our trips successful. Without supporters/senders, we could never pull off any of these trips. Of course, in the blessing, we are all blessed!

megan said...

Please do quote me!! I don't know if y'all realize just how much you give to us in coming to serve. Our first year we were beaten down, discouraged, frustrated, humbled and broken. We were also grown, stretched, challenged and provided for in ways we could never imagine. The gift you gave us was a chance to process this stuff for significant periods of time, knowing our kids were entertained, safe and above all LOVED. It's hard to express how much the week at conference means to us-how much we look forward to it each year. Knowing that there are people there who believe in what we are doing and are willing to encourage us in that is amazing. THANK YOU!!!!!

deanna said...

Well, I won't even pretend to understand what it means to you, but after talking to the McN's before we went, we all had a pretty good idea what a breath of fresh air you'd all be expecting. I'm glad you got it!