Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Word of the Week

This may become a regular post of mine, but I just keep cracking up about this so I figured I'd share. This year in Howard County each elementary school has a technology teacher, which means all the students have a new "special". Both of my girls, being born and raised geeks, have completely fallen in love with this class. Two kids couldn't be happier having been assigned their very own computers that take pictures and are hooked up to the internet. The only thing that could make them any happier would be if they were allowed to access Webkins from their classroom!

Em has been talking about this class ever since school began, and she call's it "tech-a-nology". That in itself has me rolling. In fact, this post could be just about that, but it isn't. Instead, it's about what she told me today that was so cute. I went in to have lunch with her after she begged and pleaded. She explained to me that after lunch, they would go choose a star for the afternoon (she was the star for this morning), have some DEAR time, then have some other fun first grade activity, then "tech-a-nology". She explained to me what was so special about that class is that it's right at the end of the day. After "tech-a-nology", they all get "dismissaled". After that, I was rollinged on the floor laughinged!

No comments: