Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Embiggen

I have never seen nor heard this word before today. Apparently, it was introduced into this world by the Simpsons. While I've not been a big fan of the Simpsons, never watch it, I'm liking this addition to vocabulary by them. I saw this word today on facebook when I added more names to my friend wheel and it told me to "Click here to embiggen." And I laughed... out loud... because that word was so funny to me!

My goal today is to use that word at some point just to see the reaction I get. It could be possible that I am the ONLY person on earth who has never heard nor used this word. Or, I could get some bizarre looks. I'll let you know as I embiggen my vocabulary today!

2 comments:

Deana said...

I've never heard of it either! I'm so out of the loop!

kimsilver said...

I have not heard of or used that word either. Although, my kids use a similar slang word--"a biggen" which refers to a very large person. And by that, I don't mean fat....just somebody who is either very tall, or very muscular, a football type, or just much larger than the general public. :0) That makes me laugh, too.