Monday, September 17, 2007

Entropy

The amount of disorder in a system - namely, my stuff.... in a constant state of!! I spent part of yesterday trying nearly every possible way to clean the bottom of my fiberglass shower. It's the one I asked the guys to replace when all the tiles fell off our shower 3 years ago exposing years of built up mold. But no. Nobody wanted to replace the disgusting, uncleanable floor. I was told by these "experts" that I could use bleach, Borax, Tilex.... yada, yada.... Well, everyone, nothing works. That floor is just going to be dirty forever!!

Then I hopped in my car that sounds as if it's going to die. Soon. It's been sounding like this for months, I've been asking to have it looked at for months, I keep hearing someone in agreement with me saying it needs to be looked at.... but I'm still driving it. It's a little scary, and I know it sounds bad because everywhere I go, people look at me now. Embarrassing! We actually took it somewhere before we left for Hungary and they said it's the transmission.... but have we had anyone check that transmission? No. Instead, I'm just driving it everywhere I need to go.

So off I go in my unreliable vehicle with my cell phone that doesn't work anymore. I sure do hope it doesn't decide to break down on me, because I'll be sunk. I charged that battery in the cell phone all night, no charge. It needs a new battery and of course, they didn't have any at the mall yesterday. Just my luck. So I'm driving around in my old car that's about to quit with no cell phone. I'll be driving it tomorrow to Let's Dish (yay!) so I can fill up my freezer with the collapsing shelves. Our refrigerator, for everyone who already knows, is basically in an end state of entropy. "Nuf said about that old thing!

Basically, my body is doing the same thing all these other items are doing. It's totally falling apart before my very eyes. I need to go to the gym today to try to build it back up, but instead I'm running around in my old beat up car without a cell phone and cleaning my dirty house. And now all I can think about is entropy. At least I have a house - right? and a car... and a body...

No comments: