Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Moon

Moon, Moon, what's tonight?
It's nice to see you beautiful and bright
Up so high, in the sky
You soak the earth with your bright light

The girls and I wrote this poem tonight. We came out of the gym and the moon was big and golden. Stopped us in our tracks! We went round and round with lots of different lines that we voted on and then ended up with this version. It's pretty rough - LOL - and some little girlies are complaining that their lines got nixed. I guess that's what happens when you have multiple authors!!

So, the moon was a welcome sight after my week of self-mutilation. Monday - group power, Tuesday - FREE!, Wednesday - water aerobics AND group power, Thursday - water aerobics. Tomorrow? I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of bed! I was thinking I had to stay home for a delivery, but they aren't coming until 2:15. No excuse. I guess I'll go swim laps, as that is the more relaxing than anything else I've done this week! Oh, yeah, and I walked on the treadmill - but that was only for 15 minutes, going about 2.5 miles an hour. I didn't think I'd make it through group power if I did any more than that!

Moon, moon, you're a welcome sight
for an old, worn out body that is tense and tight
you beckon slumber, the stamp sealing night
your creator thought of me when He sent you tonight.

2 comments:

Deana said...

I've been going out on the deck at night to look up at the bright shining moon this week! So beautiful!

Kathryn said...

Very cool that you & the girls wrote a poem together :-)