Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

OK - week three of school and already I'm just busy! Add to that trying to clean out my basement and we've got some trouble. I just remembered that I forgot to send Em with her brownie vest - which doesn't even have anything on it yet. Oops!

Yesterday I went to my first group power class in two months. I'm going to start calling it group torture, because I came home feeling like I'd been twisted, poked and stretched and I'm really feeling it today. I think I'm supposed to find that class again somewhere - twice in a week. I must be insane!

After that bit of "fun", I spent the afternoon volunteering at the Salvation Army registering families for the holiday season. That is interesting in itself, and terribly eye opening. We do live in one of the wealthiest counties in the US, and fortunately for these families generosity is a hallmark here. But the truth is that day to day, the generosity doesn't really flow. Just at the times people remember or are reminded. It was quite a wide range of cases I saw yesterday and it's given me a new appreciation for how blessed I am. If you really want to help struggling families in your community, doing that through the Salvation Army is a great way to get started.

OK - I'm off now to make a quick grocery store run before work. T's dad is in surgery right now to biopsy something found in his bladder. If it ends up being something cancerous, this would be recurrent bladder cancer. I'm not really sure what that means for him, but we'd appreciate prayers for that. T will visit after work and then we have Back to School night tonight, so it's a really full day for all of us. If we haven't felt like we're back to real life, today is the day!!

No comments: