Thursday, September 20, 2007

Em on T's Birthday

I had this conversation yesterday morning with Em but didn't want to blog it until after today.

Em: Sooooo, what did we get Daddy?

Me: Nothing.

Em: Oh, but I wanted to get him a Wii! Then he would let me play it because I'm his favorite daughter!

Me: Oh, really. How do you know that?

Em: Because I'm the youngest, so I'm the favorite.

Me: Well, maybe it's time for us to get another youngest.

Em: That's fine, too, because it will be too young to play a Wii!

What a booger that one! And NO, no more Shengs on the way. Just not happening - sorry to disappoint all our fans.

We had a very uneventful birthday, but it was fun. I spent two days shopping for Mr. Sheng and found nothing, although I did buy him a copy of the movie Munich, feeling it was very meaningful to mark his 37th year, when we spent one night about 30 minutes outside of Munich. Oh, well... maybe it wasn't that meaningful! LOL

We had Asian pork wraps for dinner - yummy! - and some bread with dipping sauce and steamed veggies. Cupcakes for dessert - per T's request, they are his favorite. I totally forgot the ice cream I bought especially for tonight. I guess we'll have that later!!

The girls are finally in bed, we are going to watch a movie if we can find one. This is the kind of birthday you have when you are considering getting your basement finished, the possibility of replacing one or both of your cars, the prospect of a trip to Florida come February and in light of all the home improvements you've made over the past year - sewer, landscaping, replacing wood trim with synthetic..... those cupcakes were really good!;-)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Those lists never seem to go away...as soon as you replace a car, the boiler breaks, your roof leaks or someone needs braces... ;-)