Thursday, September 06, 2007

Longing


I find myself longing for Fanta Citrom. I'm not typically a regular soda drinker, sticking mostly to water, OJ or lemonade. Since lemonade was virtually non-existent in Europe, and water was a bit sketch (unless you could find it "sin gas"), I ended up drinking quite a bit of Fanta, most naranc - orange. At the grocery store, however, I did find these liter bottles of Fanta Citrom that were absolutely delicious, light, lemony and very refreshing. I have yet to find anything like it here in the US, which is so surprising given that it's made by Coca-cola! I feel like the BFG looking for my frobscottle!

3 comments:

megan said...

Can you get Orangina where you live? That's what we drank in Austin. It's very similar to the Fanta. yummy!!!!

deanna said...

I haven't seen that. I was snooping around the Coca Cola site yesterday and found a "virtual vendor". It appears something similar is sold in the US - Citra - but I've not seen it. I'm guessing it's a midwest/west thing. It's a grapefruit flavored drink - I'm not a huge grapefruit fan. Anyway, I'll just have to settle for an old favorite that led me to Citron - lemonade! :-)

deanna said...

Oh, and I've seen Orangina - when I was visiting my grandparents in Arizona way back when. They used to love that stuff!