Friday, September 07, 2007

So Sad

Our elementary school has a new website, and I was quite excited when I discovered it. Upon browsing around it again, I was reminded about this.... Last year, we lost our vice principal to another school. It was someone who had been at our school for years, she knew everyone, was an extremely personable person, well loved and we all miss her dearly. Our new vice principal last year seemed the complete polar opposite. I didn't even know her name!

This year, before school began, I told T that it looked like we had a new vice principal as well as a new principal. I was excited at the prospect of meeting a new vice principal, hoping it would be a more pleasant experience than last year. I didn't recognize the name on the website at all! Come to find out, it's the same woman we had last year! The joke's on me! When I saw her trailing behind the principal on the first day of school (while helping with kindergarten lunch), I realized she had never left. Now I see they've updated the website with pictures and her name, while I'm sure it hasn't changed, is one I don't remember ever seeing last year. My bad!

No comments: