Saturday, September 29, 2007

Six Flags America


Two weeks ago, T scored some tickets to an event at Six Flags in Lanham. I've never heard good things about that place, mostly due to the type of crowd it attracts, various illegal activity in the parking lot, etc. Two weeks ago, however, the whole park was rented out by his company. We had the whole park to the company, which is huge!

The day was perfect, a bit chilly, but great for an amusement park. We opted to skip the water park because it was nippy, but next year, if we have the opportunity to do this again, I'm thinking we might just go to the water park! Before we went, I had done a blog search for info on this park. I came across a report that compared it to the Magic Kingdom, on a much smaller scale. I don't know why this surprised me, but it did! And I think the guy was right. There's a little main street, a few different "lands" and a kids section. They have various characters roaming around, a parade, lots of artery clogging food.... but I wouldn't go so far as to even claim it is similar to the magic kingdom - I'm just not seeing that at all!

I think the girls had a lot of fun! They rode on some rides, we had lunch provided, drinks and chips available all day and just enough of a thrill. We were somewhat disappointed at the number of rides that were closed. Kt especially wanted to go on the two water rides - a pirate one and a family river one - both were closed. She somehow managed to get me on the ROAR - which was a terribly rickety one - gave me a headache! and her, too! Then we went on a ride that if I'd thought better of it and it's single purpose I would have passed on! It was simply a ride to get you totally soaked! If the pool of water in the bottom of that fake boat wasn't enough to warn me, I might have been deterred by the returning passengers who looked not only soaked, but incredibly speechless!

After being totally drenched, wondering if I'd suffer from some mild form of hypothermia, we finished up our day sending dad on a small ride (he's a baby when it comes to amusement parks - won't even ride the carousel!) and touring the water park. We had to leave a bit early because T had to work! (Yes, on a Saturday!) We were all ready to go and are looking forward to this company pampering us like Verizon never did. I believe that one day might have equaled in cost what VZ spent on our family in 12 years - honestly. What a nice company to work for!

No comments: