Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Twiddling My Thumbs

and the rest of my fingers on this computer... I'm waiting for the furniture delivery people. And waiting, and waiting.... will they ever come? They gave me the window 9 - 1... I have to tutor at 1:30 and we had a conference with Em's teacher at 8:45, so my aunt kindly offered to come get the girls on the bus and wait for the furniture! All that planning and guess what? They aren't here and they don't really care!!

I've also been having a nice conversation in my comments with a true hero - a NYC sanitation worker. Talk about a big job! Read the comments if you have a moment. Looks like next Monday, bright and early, I will be waiting outside my house to watch the men in action with Dunkin' Donuts coffee and bagels/donuts. Want to join me? I might even have a dresser for them to throw in there!

OKAY: I'll say it, Gardiner's Furniture, you've wasted my whole morning!! I called them, they have no idea why it's taking so long, their delivery men are "somewhere in Columbia" but aren't answering the walkie-talkie. I told her I have to leave at 1:15 to tutor, which I didn't cancel because with a 4 hour window I figured I didn't need to!! I told her I'd be back around 3:30, and what did she say? "Well, I don't know if they will still be out at that time." Well, honey, now that's not MY problem, is it? No, my problem is that I spent all day yesterday rearranging furniture for this delivery, cleaning my house, have two dressers sitting in my master bedroom and a houseguest staying here AND my daughter is still sleeping in her room, which is a complete disaster area. But I didn't make her suffer through my own personal mess, instead I told her, "Well, I guess you'll have to reschedule this one!" Hmph.... it's too bad our furniture delivery people aren't as prompt or nice as our sanitation workers!!;-)

No comments: