Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Things at Sheng-ra-la...

Well, the furniture arrived yesterday.... at 1:10pm, only because they "got my call"! It appears they were enjoying some downtime at Burger King or something... anyway, I raced out the door, tutored, grocery shopped, got home in the nick of time for the girls to step off the bus at 4. Crazy!

I have to run out today to pick up a few things before volunteering at the girl's school, then tutoring again... never ends! Tomorrow they "TV" our line, as in video tape all the yuck down the sewer. I don't know if "TV" means "television" or "telescope video" - all I know is that I do not want to watch it!! I'll let T do that!

Back in the fall we had our roof redone, it was leaking into our bedroom. $5000 later, after signing a waiver to let that huge truck park on our driveway (they warned me it might leave some stress cracks - forgot to mention it might sever our sewer!), here we are, looking at another $?000 repair. That's one expensive roof! They say bad things happen in threes, and I'm wondering why we're on, well, it's way more than three. Worse things can happen, though, and I'm reminded daily that we have a home, a family, a job, food, cars and just about every modern convenience necessary to live comfortably. We just aren't meant to have $$, and that's fine, because most of the time it just gets in the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, D. I can't believe all those sewer/builder problems...so expensive and inconvenient. I hope things get better soon.

deanna said...

I hope so, too! But the truth remains that conditions here are way better than in most of the world. You'll soon see that first hand! (At least I hope soon!! :))