Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Big Day

Yup, tomorrow's the big day. We get our sewer line "TV'd" - at least that's what the lady on the phone keeps calling it. I have no idea if that stands for television or telescopic video... either way, grim if you ask me, just grim and stinky!

Tomorrow is also the day I get to reorganize my tiny pantry. I finally found what my husband tried to convince me were no longer available - smaller racks for the door. His friend convinced him not to hang the larger one we bought (thanks for nothing!), so I was on a hunt. I found it, he hung it (I won't mention that whole saga, just that it is finished!) and I can finally organize a bit. I have had some big plans for that pantry and every know-it-all man has ruined them. I really want movable shelving - wood, not these ridiculous wire shelving things that nothing can sit properly on. I am very close to calling a custom closet company, other than the fact that we have no money! I'm thrilled I have this one new shelf, but it still doesn't help my other problem - falling food!

Tomorrow is also a day that I really don't have much to do - that's big! I can actually do a few things at home. Here's my short list: clean the basement mess, take down the Christmas tree, finish organizing Em's room, organize the kitchen pantry, wait for these video guys to finish. Aside from those things, I need to run to church and I'm hoping to get in one day at Curves. OK - so the list is just getting longer. Kt also asked me to have lunch with her at school. I'm going to shoot for that because ever since she started third grade, she has warned me that it's not "cool" for parents to come in for lunch. Now that she asked me I'm feeling like I ought to take her up on it before she resorts back to how uncool it is!

On a deeper note, tonight I led Kt's Grace Girls Adventure small group and I'm really feeling like I should do that this year, but I need to get my act together. I hate leading anything at church when I'm out of sorts in my own spiritual walk. I don't know how I've let myself wander so far, but I have and it's time to pull myself together! Less time on here, more time in the Word. End of story.

So, tomorrow's a big day with nothing to do but be with myself. Uh, right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend gave me this little John Piper book called The Passion of Jesus Christ. I was skeptical about the depth possible in such a small devotional. BOY WAS I WRONG!! I highly recommend it for a quiet time jump start.