Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dunkin' Donuts

So, for those of you following my conversation with a NYC sanitation worker... tomorrow morning is the morning I'm supposed to leave something for our garbage men. We had agreed on a Dunkin' Donuts gift certificate since we aren't coffee drinkers. I'm a little leary about making coffee for people - it might seem more like a punishment!! Anyway, there's a little snag in my plan, and it's called ice! Not ice coffee, but ice on the roads!!

T said to me this afternoon, "So, I guess I need to run up to Dunkin' Donuts and get that gift certificate??" The sad thing is that we were just there after church. Not at DD, but at the Subway right next door. Neither of us thought to run in as we had to make a grocery store run and T was supposed to take the girls to his parents... Well, not even 30 minutes later it was snowing. I did not see that on weather.com last night!!

Anyway, the last time I let T go out in a snow/ice storm, he came home with a busted bumper after doing a 360 on an overpass. He's lucky that 1) he only hit the guard rail, and 2) that he didn't plunge hundreds of feet off that thing into the reservoir!! Now, I love my garbage men, but I love my husband more. We'll have to do something for them next week. I think they'll understand... especially because they have no idea we're even doing anything for them!

So, friend from NYC - because I have a feeling you'll be checking up on me tomorrow, please check back next week. We have not forgotten, but we're a bit snowed/iced in at the moment!! Now, if we get out in the morning and they are running late, by all means, we will run up there and get something for them!! Keep warm!

No comments: