Monday, January 22, 2007

Miss Utility

Whenever we have our yard dug up, Miss Utility comes out to paint it all up so the workmen know where the various lines are. No kidding, one of those utilities, who shall remain nameless, just showed up and painted OUR SNOW. Now, tell me, how ridiculous is that?? It will likely be gone by night! I was sticking my head out the door to find out which one it was when T rudely commanded me to go back inside - I guess he figured standing on the front steps might prompt the guy to come back later??? Anyway, I wonder which utility they will be digging up on Wednesday?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend you take a picture of your painted snow. It needs to be documented in case the wrong area is dug up, they hit a gas line, or who knows what else! You won't regret it - I promise! It could save you a lot of money just in case someone tries to shift the blame in your direction.

Anonymous said...

Hi There!! I haven't checked in what seems like awhile..anyhow, I was soooo going to give you and Tony a hard time today about your painted snow. What were they thinking? It is pretty funny, well, your situation is not funny, but the snow is one for the books. Maybe it transfers onto the grass after it melts and we all just don't know what we are talking about.

deanna said...

Dana - I tried to get T to take a picture.... he just thinks, like Audrey, that somehow, after the snow melts tomorrow, that the paint will still be there. I mean, uh, whatever! I just have visions of being without drainage, water, power and phones for a long, long time. Marriott, here I come!